TM CHEDDAR RANSOM BISCUITS
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ransom spice
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F (200 degrees C)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar, Ransom spice and cream of tartar.
- Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or fork until it is the size of pees.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and mix the milk and cheese into the well and gently mix until a soft dough forms.
- Roll or pat out a floured surface to 3/4 inch thick. Cut into circles and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottoms of the biscuits are golden brown.
Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 25 min.